DBPapers
DOI: 10.5593/sgem2017/32/S13.084

THE PROBABILITY OF ZINC DEFICIENCY OCCURRENCE IN THE MAIZE GROWN IN THE SOUTH-EASTERN PART OF ROMANIA IN THE 2016 AGRICULTURAL YEAR

R. Lacatusu, I. Moraru, A. R. Lacatusu, M. Lungu, R. Lazar
Tuesday 12 September 2017 by Libadmin2017

References: 17th International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference SGEM 2017, www.sgem.org, SGEM2017 Conference Proceedings, ISBN 978-619-7408-05-8 / ISSN 1314-2704, 29 June - 5 July, 2017, Vol. 17, Issue 32, 647-654 pp, DOI: DOI: 10.5593/sgem2017/32/S13.084

ABSTRACT

Within an expeditionary study, conducted in the south-eastern part of the Romanian Plain and central and southern Dobrogea, soil samples (0-20 cm) under the maize during the growing phase of 4-7 pairs of leaves, have been collected. The investigation methodology included three methods: determining the soil content of mobile Zn, soluble in CH3COONH4-EDTA solution at pH 7, calculating the values of the reaction-mobile phosphates index (RMPI) and of the zinc deficiency index (ZnDI), in order to establish the probability classes for the zinc deficiency occurrence. Of the total analyzed samples (76), according to the content of mobile Zn, resulting in the following distribution by probability classes: 34% of the samples belong to high probability class, 55% to medium probability class and 11% to low probability class, until the improbable. In accordance with the values of the reaction-mobile phosphates index (RMPI), soil sample distribution by Zn deficiency occurrence probability class is 56% high and very high probability, 21% low probability, and 23% improbable. Finally, as regards the probability assessed by the zinc deficiency index (ZnDI), the percentage values are distributed as follows: 56% in class with high and very high probability of the phenomenon occurrence, 14% in the class with a medium probability, 16% in class with low probability, and 14% in improbable class. It has been noticed that there is similarity between the percentage values that belong to classes with stated probability, particularly by applying any of the last two methods. The obtained results provide concrete solutions for the proper technological measures to prevent the occurrence of the zinc deficiency in maize.

Keywords: zinc deficiency, soil, maize

Home | Contact | Site Map | Site statistics | Visitors : 0 / 353063

Follow site activity en  Follow site activity SOILS  Follow site activity Papers SGEM2017   ?

CrossRef Member    Indexed in ISI Web Of Knowledge   Indexed in ISI Web Of Knowledge
   

© Copyright 2001 International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference & EXPO SGEM. All Rights Reserved.

Creative Commons License